Sunday, November 28, 2010

Yummy Cheesecake!


As some of you know that I've been doing a weight loss challenge for the last 8 weeks through NW Nutrition, a friends company and it's been going great. Last week at class we got a couple recipes that I've tried and thought I would pass along. One is for the best cheesecake ever...seriously (I didn't even know I liked cheesecake). I think that they got it from Chuck's produce (I didn't know they had recipes)...anyhow I hope you enjoy.

The New Cheesecake

2 cups low fat (2%) small curd cottage cheese

8 ounces light cream cheese or fat free

3 eggs

1 cup sugar or sugar substitute (ie Stevia)

1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract

1 1/2 teaspoons strained lemon juice


Equipment:

One 8" cheese cake pan or eight or nine 4 or 5 ounce souffle or custard cups.

Instructions:

1. Position rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 350'. Put a kettle of water on for Step 4.

2. Process cottage cheese in a food processor for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes, or until silky smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl once or twice as necessary. Set aside.

3. In a small microwave safe bowl, soften the cream cheese on high for about 30 seconds in microwave. Stir until smooth, scrape into the processor. Add the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice. Pulse until incorporated and perfectly smooth. Do not over process. Pour into cheesecake pan or divide evenly into cups.

4. Slide oven rack way out. Place the cheesecake pan or custard cups in a badking dish and set on oven rack. (I used a cookie sheet) Carefully pour boiling water around the pan to a depth of about 1 inch. Slide oven rack in gently to avoic sloshing water. (I spilled a little of my hot water into the cheesecake...so be careful during this step)

Bake cheesecake until it has puffed up and risen slightly and is just beginning to shinrg from the edges of the pan, about 40 to 45 minutes. (25 to 30 minutes for cups)

Remove cheesecake from water bath and cool on a rack. When completely cool, cove rand chill for at least 12 hours or up to 2 days before serving.


Nutrition info: (if you use the light cream cheese and the real sugar)
Calories per serving: 204
Fat: 7.4
Protein: 10.7
Carbs: 24


1 comment:

christyephillips said...

just so you know, I am so tired of looking at this cheese cake! Where are some cute pics of the children?? Love you!