Monday, February 2, 2009

Just another day of being a mommy...

So another crazy day.
I noticed Lauren's bottom looked a little red this weekend, and she was having trouble going poo. So we tried a few different approaches and nothing worked. Today I called the Dr. because her bottom was bleeding when I wiped it (externally). So anyhow, the Dr. wanted to see her today.
I made an appointment for her close to when I had to be at work because that's the only thing they had open. Of course they were running behind, and didn't see me until 25 minutes later...by this time you could basically say I was FREAKING OUT!
The doctor looked at her and told me that she had a "fishers" which is basically torn skin because her stool was too hard. So he prescribed some stool softener of some sort. Just as I was diapering her up...he noticed that she looked a little too red down there. He took a rectal swap and sure enough she has strep! Yes. That's right folks. Great news for the mom who's already late to work (with no sub) and can't take her daughter to daycare with strep.
So, I call my principal crying because at this point I have no idea what to do. She tells me don't worry (which of course I am). She said she would take care of it. With that in mind, I go home. Fill her prescription and attempt to unwind my very stressful body out of all of it's knots.
Seriously.
Just another day of being a mommy, right?

4 comments:

~kathy said...

Oh, Lins...what an awful day. Poor Lauren! I hope she get better soon.

I'm still learning how this works and getting comfortable with the idea of calling in sick when I'm not sick, but Connor is...it an adjustment to say the least.

christyephillips said...

so sorry lins! yuck! it sounds like you have a great principal though. i hope everything worked out on that end. give lauren some squeezes, i hope she feels better soon! (i thought infants couldn't get strep?) i guess that's a big fat lie!

Tami said...

Woah Lindsey, what a day! I hope that Lauren feels better soon. Being a Mommy is hands down, the most difficult job in the world! Another day, another pot of coffee...that's how I get through!

Unknown said...

Ig! Yes, another day of being a mommy is right. There is no planning or confidence that ever things will go smoothly. And this time of year, a week without some sort of medical issue, bug, and hefty supply of snot rags is rare-very rare.

Hang in there. It's the weekend!