Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Trees & Apple Pie

So I made an apple pie from one of Martha's recipes. I think it turned out pretty, not so crazy about the taste. It was an apple spice pie and I think I'm going to stick with the regular old apple pie recipe next time and keep the crust. I love the circles as the top. If you want the recipe for the crust or inside let me know, it was pretty good.

Christmas tree shopping tradition! We went out to get the tree with the family. Of course Nick and I choose our tree in about 10 seconds. It was basically the first one we came to. Cody cut it down for us, and that was that. Lisa was next in finding her tree, not too long after us. Anne and Sharon on the other hand took quite some time locating the "perfect" tree, with Sharon winning out as taking the longest. Afterward we went back to Dad's house and had pizza. It was a fun outing, I know Andrew enjoyed. Lolo had a good time too in the backpack, she was able to see all the action.

This last picture is classic Andrew. He's wearing my shoes, and quite proud of how he can walk in them and they make a really fun noise on our hardwood floor. He's always getting into something and surprising me.

1 comment:

Dottie said...

what a beautiful pie! I'm impressed Lins! Cute family pic.