Monday, December 15, 2008

Lolo 9 months!



Lauren is officially 9 months old. We had our Dr. visit today and things are looking great for our little girl. She weighed in at 18 pounds 15 ounces, just about the 75%. Her height was 28", just about the 50%, and her head...well that's another story. Her head is above the 90%. Our Dr. mentioned something about a lot of brain power...why do I have big headed kids? Seriously. Is my head big?

She was so cute at our visit. She's fascinated by finding herself and others in the mirror. She can entertain herself for hours. When the nurse came in to weigh and measure her, Lolo gave her a glare. Then it turned to real tears as she was on the table. The screams started the minute I laid her down to be measured, and they stopped just as quickly as they started once I picked her up.

She is so funny. If she doesn't get what she wants, she will let you know. Today I had her in the high chair eating cheerios while I was on the computer. As soon as I walked away and brother did as well, she pulls the pouty lip down and starts wailing. And then when you walk back in the kitchen and talk to her, she stops crying. This child definitely knows what she likes and what she doesn't.

She is so much fun right now. She absolutely LOVES bouncing. If she's on your lap she's bouncing, if you're holding her on your hip, she's bouncing. Her most favorite thing is the jumper that she can bounce in. The smile is from ear to ear.

I love her more than I could have imagined. I know that they tell you that you will love the second just as much as you loved the first; but I have to say I didn't think that was possible. When Andrew was born and his first years of life (sans Lo) I seriously didn't think I could love anyone more. He was so amazing (and still is) but of course I was wrong. The Lord likes to remind me just how wrong I always am. When He gave us Lolo the love came out all over again. She is the most amazing little girl, and so beautiful, and such a personality. I could go on and on. I won't. I will spare you. But trust me on this one. She's one of a kind.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

She is such a doll! I'm so glad to hear you talk about the love for baby #2

Dottie said...

Such a cutie!! Happy 9 months LO!

christyephillips said...

She is adorable, I am glad she has so much spunk so she can keep up with Andrew! They both have quite the personalities, I wonder why??